Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Kyle DellaPietro "Childhood homelife affects their development as a person"

Blog #1

I am considering the topic of how a child or teenagers home life affects their development as a person. I found this interesting because I would like to see how individuals differ amongst each other once they get to college and how their childhood effected who they are today. I also want to see the chances of defeating the odds a student is given. To elaborate, We have been learning about this in class and I want to dig deeper in the topic. I also want to see the percentage of individuals who defeat their odds of succeeding.

Image result for childhood development
Thank you,

Kyle

1 comment:

  1. ok, but you want to tie it into college. So maybe you could talk about the practical interest in earlier development in helping students to succeed at college. An example of that is the work of the Rutgers Future Scholars program which starts working with disadvantaged kids in 7th grade to help them stay on track for college, because if you don't start back then they will never make it. I also used a reading in the past (which you can find in our supplemental readings) by Paul Tough that might give you some ideas on how to turn this idea into a practical topic.

    ReplyDelete